There are many reasons that can cause fluctuation within the connection between your device and Netgear WiFi Range extender. Today, in this post we will discuss some reasons for this problem along with their possible solutions. You must read steps carefully and patiently.
If you are getting issue in fixing the wireless range extender on your router, then you need to visit official Netgear Wifi Extender Setup Page. You can also enter direct address of your wireless range extender within the search bar.
Now, we are going to discuss common causes of intermittent connection to your wireless range extender.
- The wifi range extender settings and router settings must match with each other in order to connect the device to the network. If you want to check the settings of your range extender, then check out settings page of your wifi range extender manufacturer website.
- As we all know that the range extender works on radio technology. The distance covered by radio devices is limited. If you have placed your wifi range extender far away from your router, then you may get issue in getting the signal strength on it. So, it is advisable to keep the extender at that place where it can catch and transmit the signal easily without interruption.
- As all the devices within the range are using the same wifi network, so this affects the bandwidth of your range extender. In such cases, you can either move the device closer to the extender or disconnect all the devices and connect single device at a time. This will improve the connectivity of your extender. It is always recommended to connect the device with the range extender via Ethernet cable in order to get the best internet speed.
- Another cause of the problem is wireless interference from nearby devices. All the electronics devices that emit electromagnetic radiations can affect your wifi signals. To get rid of this problem, place your range extender at least 10 feet away from such devices so that signal doesn’t get reflected by obstruction.
- Firmware version of wireless range extender plays a crucial role in the signal strength of extender. If the firmware version is old or outdated, then update it at the earliest. This will fix the connection problem.
If you want to know more about wifi extender then, check out www mywifiext net setup on the web. For any help you can connect with Netgear wifi extender experts.